St Catherine's Island (Ynys Catrin).
Named after a Chapel built to the Saint of Spinners and Weavers.
Ruins of a chapel removed and replaced with the present fortification / Built between
1867 - 1870 / a Palmerston folly / One of a number of forts built for Milford Havens Defence /
Three guns were mounted on the roof / 6 Guns firing through iron shields in casemates /
barrack accommodation for 150 men / Island sold in 1907 for £500
A zoo in the 1970's.
for the latest details on the opening times.
Location: SN 1378 0047