Fishguard Old Fort
The Old Fort (1781 / 5 ) on Castle Point , overlooks Fishguard Harbour
and was built after the town was bombarded by the privateer "Black Prince".
It was originally armed with eight nine-pounder guns .
During the French Naval Invasion of 1797 , one of the French ships tried to enter
Lower Fishguard Harbour , the Fort opened fire with a blank , it only had 3 live rounds .
It was enough to convince the French to sail to Carregwasted Point ,
a far more difficult location to land an army .
Location: SM 962 377