A view along a section of Canal leading to the Quay (Docks) of the Kymer Canal.
The 3 mile long canal was built between 1766 and 1768 to transport coal from
Thomas Kymers coal pits near Carway .
Inspite of problems caused by the silting of the estuary , which lead to the demise of Kidwelly
as a major Port , the canal continued to be used until the 1920's.
Location: SN 33991 0681