A view of one of the largest ( 34m in diameter ) of 8 Bronze Age Round Barrows ,
at this Barrow Cemetry.
4 Barrows were excavated in 1811, one had a stone cist containing loose cremation
material, a second four discrete areas of burnt bone, the third and fourth
each contained an inverted urn cremation (RCAHMW).
A foot path runs south of the B4320 ( Pembroke to Angle Road ), near the Public House ,
a stile gives access to 7 Barrows in 2 fields .
2 Barrows have been damaged by hedge lines , with one of these in a field
to the north of the B4320.
Nearby another 4 Round Barrows lie just south of Wallaston Farm on private farmland.
One can be seen from the field gate adjoining the road to Pembroke Refinery.
Location: SR 947.997